Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

As we celebrate our nation's Independence Day, I realized that I totally missed mine.



June 29, 2011
was the day my first independently published book went live and it's been a great year that I wouldn't take back for anything. Taking my career into my own hands and believing in myself is the best thing I could've done. I'm happier, my family's happier, and I see hope for the future that I can be a full-time writer and nothing else. (Job-wise, anyway.)

I'm thankful for this free country we live in and I'd like to call attention to an AWESOME blog post by Michael Gallager at Free Kindle News and Tips about the amazing men who helped fight for our independence. There's a lot in his post I had no clue about and I'm glad to have had the short history lesson. It's worth the read!

Wishing you a Happy and SAFE 4th of July!!

Stacey Joy Netzel

4 comments:

  1. Stacey,

    Congratulations on your independence anniversary. You are an inspiration with your clear focus.

    On another point, I've been getting notices about your blog posts one or two days late. Any idea what I should do? I just got this notification now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are part of my inspiration. :)

    On the other point, I'm sorry, I don't know why notices are showing up late. I assume you're subscribed by email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Stacey! This is truly worth celebrating. You've an incredible year and you've inspired many of us to follow in your footsteps. Keep writing, your stories do touch many hearts.

    Sorry I missed the "Big" day. Just came across this blog entry today, two weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I missed the big day, too. :) No apologies. Thanks and congrats to you on your own indie journey!

    ReplyDelete