Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Meet the Book Blogger: Kimberly

Today I'd like to welcome Book Blogger Kimberly, who runs Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer Blog. She is a shameless addict of books and coffee, though maybe not quite in that order. Read the interview and you be the judge!



What can readers expect from your reviews?
Readers coming to my blog will find book reviews from many genres. I read and review all types of fiction from horror to young adult. My reviews are honest and always spoiler free. I never want to spoil the magic of reading a good book.

Have you ever stayed up reading all night even when you had to work the next day, and what was the book you cursed while fighting to stay awake all afternoon?
*rolls eyes* Oh this happens too many times to count! I have a habit of saying, just one more chapter. *liar* Personally I wish sleeping were optional so I could read all night. The last book that kept me up...hmm.  The Restorer, by Amanda Stevens, and I absolutely loved it. Yep, I needed an IV drip of coffee the next day!

I've done the "Just one more chapter," too many times as well. IV drip of coffee--I love it!

What is your beverage of choice while reading?
Coffee is my beverage of choice all day, every day. *drools thinking about it* I love curling up with a good book and a cup of joe, to me it’s like a little slice of heaven.

Can you share with us up to 5 authors who are auto-buy for you?
Only 5 *sheesh* that is hard.
Jayne Anne Krentz (aka Jayne Castle, aka Amanda Quick) and her Arcane Society Novels.
Mira Grant aka Seanan Mcguire
Sara MacLean
Courtney Summers
Patricia Briggs
Now that is only 5 of about 100..LOL *no seriously, I am an addict*

Is your significant other/family supportive of your book addiction?
I have been married 25 years and my hubby so gets and supports my addiction. Before I got my e-reader (which he bought), he would keep an excel spread sheet for me with my books and series. He would also order and pick up books at the library for me every week. He is a keeper! I love that he lets me sit there and talk about a book or character, when I know he has no clue what I am talking about. Give that man a Klondike bar!

Wow--yeah, give him a whole box!

How much is too much for an ebook?
While I have paid slightly more during “Must have! Read Now” moments, I think 9.99 for new releases is my threshold.

The Sunday Post
Do you have a popular blogger meme started by you?
I started the Sunday Post which was inspired in part by IMM. I wanted to showcase my books, but I also wanted a post to recap my weekly posts and share upcoming news. The meme has grown each week and I love visiting fellow blogger’s Sunday Post and finding out she/he reviewed an awesome book on Tuesday when I was too busy to check new posts.

Great idea!

What is your favorite genre and is there anything you won’t review?
I love so many genres but my favorites at the moment are dystopian/post apocalyptic, urban fantasy and historical fiction. I am not a huge fan of contemporary but have a few series I follow religiously. I will read non-fiction if the subject matter appeals to me.

What does it take in a book to absolutely annoy you to the point where you quit reading or throw the book at the wall?
Hahahaha..a lot. I have this horrible problem, I cannot let go. Once I start reading I am so afraid that on the next page something amazing will happen and like a caterpillar in a cocoon the book will morph into something I love.  Sadly, that doesn’t happen.  My biggest pet peeves are authors who tell instead of show, lack of details and paper characters.

What makes you a fan for life?
As a book addict, there is this high I chase. Yes, exactly like a junkie, but I need the rush I experience from a good book. When an author gives me that, I become a fan for life.


Kimberly, thank you so very much for taking time to answer my questions and share your blogging with us!

Readers, you can find Kimberly all over online, so after visiting with her today, keep up the conversation at these sites! 



Anything I didn't ask that you'd like to know? Ask away!

45 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for interviewing me, it was a lot of fun. I have to work this morning, but will check in this afternoon to respond to any questions. I will bring coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your husband is so supportive! I love the Excel sheet idea :) Great interview, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Vicky, he keeps nice records. I read a lot of series or all books by particular authors and if I was bringing home books that were re-released that I had already read..and he started it for me.

      Delete
  3. Your husband IS supportive! Mine only bought me the ereader - the spreadsheet would never happen, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the interview! I'm the same with finishing books- even if I'm not enjoying them I HAVE to persevere to the end. I think I've only given up on about two books.
    I also wish I could read all night- but I need my sleep! I can't count the number of times I've TRIED to finish the chapter, but then woken up in the morning with the lamp still on, my glasses smushed against my face, and the book buried somewhere in the bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sadly, I can keep going to the last page..and it's 4am and I have to get up in two hrs and get ready for work!

      Delete
  5. I have my tea, but I'm sure everyone else will be happy for coffee! :)

    And with you being a fan of dystopian, I have to mention a book called Waning Moon, The Chronicles of Lily Carmichael Trilogy, by PJ Sharon. Yes, she's a friend of mine, but I wouldn't recommend if I didn't believe in her writing. I will say, I've only had time to read the first couple chapters so far, but I love it!

    Vicky and Rebe--thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sally, I used to be the same way, but now i've got SO many books to read that if it isn't really good, I have to move on to something that is. Someone pointed out the saying to me "So many books, too little time" and then asked me, "Why waste reading time if you're not enjoying the book?" I decided from then on that I would enjoy my limited reading time. :)

    LOL on the glasses smushed to your face--been there, done that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly, without readers an author's voice is only imagination. Thank you for what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kimba, Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us about what you like in books. I, too, am a fan of Amanda Quick and the Arcane society series. And it sounds like you have found your soul mate in a husband, making up spreadsheets for you and ordering books at the library to pick up for you! Wow. What a prince. My husband also gifted me with an e-reader at Christmas one year, without me even asking. :)

    Stacey, thanks, as always, your posts are timely and worth the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Kimba, pretty soon you'll have no secrets my pretty :)

    Really thanks for the interview it's always nice to get to know a fellow blogger and never to be reformed book addict.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe..i will probably never finish the books in my tbr pile, but I will die with a smile.

      Delete
  10. Great interview, Stacey. Love meeting the book bloggers and getting to know more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kimba, you are too cute. I love that reading is a high for you to chase. :) and your husband sounds awesome!

    Great interview, hope you are both having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview Kim! Thank you Stacey. I think Kim is awesome & I love her blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview! And your hubby is definitely a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Kimba. It's nice to meet another book addict although I don't get very much reading time these days.

    Big wave to Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great interview stacey and kimba. your husband is definitely a keeper. i have always been a voracious reader, but just recently started blogging. my husband supports me, but doesn't really get it. hes not much of a reader. thanks guys for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for stopping in Sherry and you can talk about characters with me anytime..i will listen. Glad your husband supports your reading and blogging!

      Delete
  16. A wonderful interview!

    I am a huge fan of Kimba, her wonderful blog and all round awesomeness :-)

    Thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh y'all are making me blush..<3 ya too Sharon and your awesometastic blog!

      Delete
  17. Awwww, I love that you interviewed one of my favorite book bloggers! Kimba is such an inspiration and so encouraging to us "newbie bloggers." Awesome interview!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You picked a lovely blogger to feature! Kimba, I think your hubby deserves a case of Klondike bars. :) He sounds wonderful - sometimes just nodding along is all we need, right? Excellent interview, Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great interview, girls!

    Kimba, you are awesome and what comes across is how much you love reading and talking about it too. My husband has gifted me with a reader and a MAC. We're lucky to have guys who adore us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great interview, ladies! Love all the tidbits :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great answers Kimberly! It's so great to know I'm not the only one with the "Just one more page" problem!

    Adria

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great interview!! I adore your hubby, can I borrow him sometime? Mine, just doesn't get "it" although, like your's he did get me my Fire, so I guess I can't complain too much, lol!

    Kimba is a fantastic blogger and she is super sweet <3 her honest reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 your blog too Lisa and the fact that your hubby bought you a fire..says he supports your passion.

      Delete
  23. What a great interview!! I adore your hubby, can I borrow him sometime? Mine, just doesn't get "it" although, like your's he did get me my Fire, so I guess I can't complain too much, lol!

    Kimba is a fantastic blogger and she is super sweet <3 her honest reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great interview once again, pretties! It's so great to get to know the people behind blogs—Kimba, I think I've followed you for a while now, but have never really "met" ya til today! Hello and how do you do :) I hear you about being afraid something extraordinary might happen on the next page of a book I'm totally not digging... I have trouble letting go too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks to everyone who came by to visit and learn more about Kimberly! Have a wonderful rest of your week and we'll see you around the web. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for sharing with us. I love the Sunday Post, as too often I cannot read the sites I love every day and I can always go back and catch up and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, that is exactly why I started it, I hate missing posts from blogs I enjoy:)

      Delete